Izrod

Windows Update for Business and SCCM

Hello everyone and apologies if I am repeating a topic somewhere. 

I need help. Here's what we were happily using. SCCM latest version installed on a server using WSUS to sync/download updates. Clients are W10 99% and a lost soul here and there with a 8.1 or 8. We were downloading and pushing updating for All versions of windows from 7 to 10 and everything was great. Now, all of a sudden, I have W10 clients (the ones I've checked are 1507, 1511) that no longer show any updates in their Software Centers. WUAHandler.log on the machines show "SourceManager::GetIsWUfBEnabled - There is no Windows Update for Business settings assignment. Windows Update for Business is not enabled through ConfigMgr". I have not set and we are not using WUfB at all. Newer clients on 1709 are getting software updates fine through SCCM and Software Center.

Things I've checked:

No GPOs set to use WUfB, or any Deferral policies.  We have the following:

1. Turn off access to all Windows updates features. - Enabled
2. Allow automatic updates immediate installation - Enabled
3. Configure Automatic updates - Disabled
4. Do not allow update deferral policies to cause scans against Windows Update - Enabled (just added this trying to figure out what's going on).

Everywhere I've looked on MS it talks about setting WUfB, which I have not done. Why am I suddenly forced to use it? How can I revert these machines to use SCCM and Software Center again? Can someone give me a 10k ft overview of WUfB. Is it meant to work in conjunction with SCCM?

Thank you in advance!

Update: Just found out that some v1709 machines have also reverted to using WUfB, am I being taken over?

Edited by Izrod

Same question from me

SourceManager::GetIsWUfBEnabled - There is no Windows Update for Business settings assignment. Windows Update for Business is not enabled through ConfigMgr WUAHandler 6/25/2019 9:59:39 PM 19852 (0x4D8C)
I am getting this message on a lot of desktop, why? if Windows Update for Business is not enabled why SCCM/WSUS is trying to use it?

Thanks,

Dom