Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hi,

we recently migrated from SCCM 2012 to the current branch. We are using an English system locale combined with a German user locale (to get a continental European date and time format) and everything looked fine (i.e. English), until we took a look at the Reporting Services and noticed that all reports are in German. Apparently it doesn't matter what your system or browser language is or where we are accessing the RS from, because the reports we get are always in German. So far we have found no way to change the language of the Reporting Services, and Google hasn't been too helpful either.
Any help would be appreciated!

sccm-RS-language.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I believe that this is based on the SSRS server language, once that is changed you might need to re-install your reporting point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply. I checked the SSRS server language and it was already set to en-us. I reinstalled SSRS with a new database and all of the server's locale options set to English but SCCM still populates it with German reports when I install the reporting services point. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing but so did you set the system account account to English too? Is the OS English or German? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used en-US ISO's for all three components (OS, SQL, SCCM) and went with the standard settings for language. However, changing the regional settings seems to have affected the system account as well, as you have pointed out, so I'll try another re-install tomorrow afternoon when most users are gone for the weekend.
I really miss the old times when installers just asked you which language you wanted to use instead of attempting arcane predictions based on system settings. The current solution leaves the impression of having been devised by people who never had to work in a multilingual environment. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out that I didn't have to perfom another re-install. Yesterday's attempt worked almost perfectly and the reports are now in English. I just didn't notice it then because parts of the SSRS interface are still German. It's not exactly what I had in mind, but the people doing the reporting all speak German and if the actual reports are English, we can live with the current state. I will take another look at this in the future when we have a reason to add or migrate servers.

Thanks again @GarthMJ for pointing us in the right direction!

not_nice_but_feasible.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...