I am trying to recover my SCCM 1806 site. I have a full site backup but it fails restoring the database.

I have rebuilt the server to the same version as before and then installed all the prerequisites including SQL and ADM wsus etc.  however it fails when restoring the database.  I have included the portion of the log file that is relevent(changing my site name and username) is there anything I may have got wrong is there another way of recovering?

Steps I have taken are

1. selected "recover site"
  2. recovered the site server from my backup location
  3. recovered my database from my backup location
  4. entered serial number
  5. accept terms
  6. downloaded required files
  7. select installation folder
  8. Details of SQL are pre populated
  9. path to SQL server DATA file is prepopulated
  10. path to SQL server LOG file is prepopulated

At this point I am presented with the install settings, then it presents the prerequisite check and then begins the install where it fails with the errors seen on the log file attached

sccmlog.txt

check the username/password specified in sql, that's where it's failing, see below snippet...

ERROR: Failed to restore databases.  $$<Configuration Manager Setup><12-13-2019 14:41:31.500+00><thread=3800 (0xED8)>
*** [28000][18456][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'sitename\user'.  

cheers

niall

Thanks for the quick reply

The user that it is installing with is my domain admin account, and its using Windows Authentication would I have to enter the password in SQL elsewhere ?

what account was used before with the database mentioned ?

Cannot open database "cd_ste" requested by the login. The login failed.

I have two accounts on SQL my admin account and a SCCM Admin account that was the account used, yet on the recovery it seems to use my admin account possibly because I am logged in as a domain admin not the sccm admin?  Should I be logged in as the sccm admin to recover the site?