Scott

PXE Boot Conifguration Help

Question

Hi,

I want to be able to press F12 on any machine, and then be able to choose an Task Sequence, how do i go about doing this?

THe thinking is that for bare metal, rather than having to import the computer data into SCCM, have a HTA Script which registers it in the PXE stage - should be possible as long as i can get it to boot to PXE!

Cheers

Scott

4 answers to this question

using Multiple Task Sequences via PXE, PXE boot to a task sequence menu

choice is sometimes a good thing

Cheers, i Can do this bit...

Im after a couple things really:

1. Enable F12 boot for Bare Metal machines, without having to import the computer configuration into SCCM.

2. Enable F12 boot for all other machines, but without the user having the option to run it from Windows.

for 1. try maik kosters webservices to import the computer into sccm via a HTA frontend

for 2. just make sure the ts's are advertised to computers os that you know you dont have in your organisation, eg: windows 2000, that way the advert will never show up in RAP (windows) but will show up via PXE boot

for 1. try maik kosters webservices to import the computer into sccm via a HTA frontend

for 2. just make sure the ts's are advertised to computers os that you know you dont have in your organisation, eg: windows 2000, that way the advert will never show up in RAP (windows) but will show up via PXE boot

I've created the WinPE image using http://www.myitforum.com/absolutenm/templates/Articles.aspx?articleid=15495&zoneid=87 and this is now working. I've advertised the task sequence to all unknown computers, which seems to let you press F12 from most devices!

Cheers