ShocKer

Looking for guidance...........inital setup

Question

So before I found this site I followed a couple of videos online that I found and setup Server 2k8 with Sql2k8, SCCM 2K7 SP2 R2, with MDT2010. That was the easy part, Ha Ha. Now what do I do? Here is my current setup. I administer about 1300 machines spread over 13 locations or so, all XP. I of course want to plan a role out, but want to take baby steps. I have successfuly installed Win7 with SCCM and even pushed down a piece of software but I am Lost now. Don't know why some task take forever to start or not start at all. Here are the steps that I want to accomplish. I will number them if anyone wants to chime in on any of them. And oh yeah all I know about scripting is coping and pasting from what I find online, and zippo about databases.

1. Easy one. Just want to Capture Default Reference Machine. I have followed the guide and af course ran into problem with creating the package called AutoLogin_windows7. I asked for help in the other thread.

2. Push that captured image to domain machines keeping their names and staying in the current OU's. (Is there where I use the intergration of MDT and database to keep all comp ID's)

3. Push that captured image to bare metal machines. This one looks like it will be a fun one.

4. Last thing on my agenda is to be able to push software to different collections.

Thanks

Any and all comments welcome. This is a big beast to slay.

1 answer to this question