kcdinga

LOADSTATE errors - /all conflicts with...

Question

I am getting frustrated. I have been working on getting USMT 4.0 using hardlinking working in SCCM 2007 SP2 for a few days now. At one point, I successfully migrated a domain user. Somewhere along the line, something has changed.

I am now getting the following error on loadstate:

2010-06-04 15:17:46, Info [0x000000] An error occurred processing the command line. /all conflicts with /ui, /ue or /uel[gle=0x00000006]

I am using the demo Task Sequence from this site to Migrate Windows XP users to Windows 7 using Hardlinking. I have added /ui:premconf.com\* to the Set Hardlink Load Parameters variable.

The command line looks like this:

2010-06-04 15:17:46, Info [0x000000] Command line: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\MKC00109\x86\loadstate.exe C:\_SMSTaskSequence\UserState /c /all /v:5 /l:C:\Windows\system32\CCM\Logs\SMSTSLog\loadstate.log /progress:C:\Windows\system32\CCM\Logs\SMSTSLog\loadstateprogress.log /i:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\MKC00109\x86\miguser.xml /i:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\MKC00109\x86\migapp.xml /Hardlink /nocompress /ui:premconf.com\*

I have read the scanstate and loadstate syntax info on technet...And I noticed in the Task Sequence in OSD, I have to either choose Capture all user profiles with standard options or Customize how user profiles are captured and provide configuration files...so I assume this is where the /all is coming from.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I was excited yesterday to overcome some hurdles, only to go right back to having issues today.

Thanks

KCDINGA

4 answers to this question

What is it exactly that you want to know? Because the message you get looks very clear...

Yes, it is very clear...we can't use the /ALL with /UI...that makes sense. The problem is I am using SCCM 2007 SP2 with USMT 4.0...so I am not actually creating the command line (the one that is using /all...)

I have a task called Set Hard-Link Load Parameters....that sets the task sequence variable: OSDMigrateAdditionalRestoreOptions....the value of this variable is /Hardlink /nocompress /ui:premconf.com\*

I also have a task called Capture User Files and Settings...where you will choose the User State Migration Tool Package...In this task, there is a setting for Capture All User Profiles with Standard Options...or you can choose Customize how user profiles are captured...and gives a button to choose the files...I assume this is where the /all is coming from in the command line...I have chosen the second option on this, the customize how user profiles are captured...but I do not know how/where you would enter files.

So my question is this...how does a normal person use SCCM 2007 SP2 with USMT 4.0 to migrate only Domain Users?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Ray

What is it exactly that you want to know? Because the message you get looks very clear...

OK Peter, so after reading your reply...I started looking a little closer...and I am an Idiot :-)

I was making changes to the SCANSTATE and not the LOADSTATE...

Sooo....I adjusted the Restore User Files and Settings task to use the "Customize how user profiles are restored" selection...chose no configuration file...and voilla...I was able to migrate only the domain users.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction..hehe...

Ray