salle

HP Product number from wmi

Question

First, sorry if this is in incorrect forums.

I'm trying to get HP EliteBook Product Number from WMI with VbScript, but I can't find it anywhere! It used to be (in older models) like this: HP Compaq nw8440 (ES592EA#AK8), but newer models only give this: HP EliteBook 8530p. The info was taken from Win32_ComputerSystem / Model.

Where could this model number info be now?

2 answers to this question

First, sorry if this is in incorrect forums.

I'm trying to get HP EliteBook Product Number from WMI with VbScript, but I can't find it anywhere! It used to be (in older models) like this: HP Compaq nw8440 (ES592EA#AK8), but newer models only give this: HP EliteBook 8530p. The info was taken from Win32_ComputerSystem / Model.

Where could this model number info be now?

I found this report by Ryan @ NINet.org a few months ago and it is great.

While on the surface it doesn't look like it will give you what you need, check this report out. It brings up a list of your computers with a link to vendor's warrenty page for that specific machine and on that page, it will give you the HP product number as well. I LOVE this report.

the first link is here, that gives the general directions and history http://ninet.org/2010/03/sccm-get-dell-warranty-info/

and here is the link to the file that includes HP and IBM http://ninet.org/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2010/03/AllCompWarReport.txt

Whitefearn

hello

If you have Win7 you can found in Device and Printer in Device you will find your PC and WClick < Model Number.

Else , there is tool from HP it name's HP Support Assistant it give you all information about your PC.