disparu

ati catalyst package build and capture

Question

So I successfully built and captured an image with the ati catalyst package (software drivers and all), but on the first boot after deploying the image the ati graphics driver attempts to install when the user logs in. If the user isn't admin it obviously won't work. Any ideas on how to get the driver to take without user intervention?

I suspect the software package tells the computer to hold off on installation until reboot?

any ideas?

5 answers to this question

Do you have R2 installed? If so, you can use a Run Command Line -step in your Task Sequence and provide an installation account.

Actually, that looks like a promising option. I will give that a shot and report back.

Really appreciate the input.

Do you have R2 installed? If so, you can use a Run Command Line -step in your Task Sequence and provide an installation account.

I noticed that specifying an account for the command line step cannot be done while in windows PE.

Can this be done during the build and capture task sequence?

I have noticed that restarting into the windows environment to run the command line step and then restarting back into the boot image will cause the prepare configmgr client step to fail.

Well, I did succeed with the run command line option, but the problem persisted. I decided to just install the driver without the software package via the "apply device drivers" task.

The ATI display driver problem still persists using that method.

The strange thing is that the device driver appears to already be installed under the device manager, but a normal user is still prompted to elevate on first login.