Lukas Novy

Issue with deploying of OS to Dell OptiPlex 7000 Tower

Hello,

I have issue with installation of our new computers Dell OptiPlex 7000 Tower. I tried to deploy OS from task sequence which created my previous colleague especially due to deploying to notebooks Dell Latitude 5430. For Latitude 5430 it works great. The task sequence is created using Build and Capture. In case of deploy to OptiPlex 7000 Tower process was stoped at step 48 which is "Setup Windows and Configuration Manager" according to Asset Message window in Monitoring section in SCCM console. I looked at smsts.log and ccmexec.log. But unfortunately I have no idea where can be issue.

In smsts.log is red line:

Timed out (Timeout=1800 sec) waiting for CcmExec service to be fully operational. OSDSetupHook 8/4/2023 3:39:22 PM 4056 (0x0FD8)
And:
Failed to wait for CcmExec service to be fully operational (0x80004005) OSDSetupHook 8/4/2023 3:39:22 PM 4056 (0x0FD8)

and by yellow colour:

RegQueryValueExW is unsuccessful for Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence, SMSTSEndProgram OSDSetupHook 8/4/2023 3:39:23 PM 4056 (0x0FD8)
GetTsRegValue() is unsuccessful. 0x80070002. OSDSetupHook 8/4/2023 3:39:23 PM 4056 (0x0FD8)

I attached smsts.log and ccmexec.log to this thread. If necessary, I can also attach other necessary logs, screen shots, etc.

Thank You Very Much for Your Help!

smsts.log CcmExec.log

Finally I solved it. I added all drivers of computer to task sequence and It works. Detailed explanation: I installed windows 10 manually and installed drivers too. Then I exported all drivers by powershell command. Then I upload drivers to configuration manager  and created new driver package. Finally I added that driver package to task sequnce and now It works.