scottmvy

Accidently deleted workstations from SCCM database

Question

Hi All,

Please can you help i have deleted a workstation from sccm database by accident and i need it back ASAP, I have turned on the heart beat should that find the machine again and bring it back into SCCM??

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Mant Thanks

Scott

9 answers to this question

yes it will re-appear as soon as the discovery kicks in, did you Delete or Delete Special ?

Think i just deleted I have came in this morning and the server object is back in place happy days.

All i need to do is push out the client again.

Thanks for the feedback...

Hello,

Still no further forward with the client being installed after the client was removed from sccm database i have looked at the CM logs and dont see anything that would stop the install?

Im running out of time now would it be worth uninstalling the agent, if so do you have the commands to uninstall?

Cheers

Hello,

Still no further forward with the client being installed after the client was removed from sccm database i have looked at the CM logs and dont see anything that would stop the install?

Im running out of time now would it be worth uninstalling the agent, if so do you have the commands to uninstall?

Cheers

you can use ccmsetup.exe /uninstall command to uninstall the SCCM client btw,if the client is working properly(healthy),can you check ,inventoryagent.log to see if it sends its inventory also check the Active Diretory system discovery schedule .

I have tried running the ccmsetup.exe /uninstall command, it seems to remove the client but i cant reinstall the client, can we install the client manually?

yes you can reinstall the client manually btw,which methoed are you using to install client ? what does the ccmsetup.log say if you reinstall it ?