josorio

OSD pxe boot can´t connect to share

Question

Hi All,

I have SCCM 2007 R2 and MDT 2010 Update 1.

So, I made the task sequence and created its advertisment and finally apply the advertisement to client machine.

Client Machine started by PXE and download winpe, so machine restarted and loaded winpe.

After "Windows is Starting Up" and "Preparing Network Connections" messages during winpe the client machine restart and show the following:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download WDSNBP…

Architecture x64

The details below show the information relating to the PXE boot

request for this computer Please provide these details to your

Windows Deployment Services Administrator so the this request can be

approved.

Pending Request ID: 5

Contacting Server: 192.168.1.2

PXE Boot aborted. Booting to next device….

PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I enable command prompt on WinpeX86 and in command prompt I verified that client machine has Ip Address and can access to shared folder in sccm.

This is the content of smsts.log (error):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failed to connect to "\\srvsccm.domain.local\SMSPKGD$\F010001C" (86)

Failed to connect to "\\srvsccm.domain.local\SMSPXEIMAGES$\SMSPKG\F010001C" (86)

!slistSMBPaths.empty(), HRESULT=80040103 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\resolvesource.cpp,2163)

FALSE, HRESULT=80040103 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\tspolicy.cpp,1635)

Content location request for F010001C:2 failed. (Code 0x80040103)

pTSPolicyManager->GetContentLocations( m_sPackageID, m_lSourceVersion, m_dwContentSourceFlags, slistContentLocations, slistHttpContentLocations, slistMulticastContentLocations, m_dwContentPackageFlags ), HRESULT=80040103 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\tspolicy.cpp,2330)

(*iTSReference)->Resolve( pTSPolicyManager, dwResolveFlags ), HRESULT=80040103 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\tspolicy.cpp,2862)

m_pSelectedTaskSequence->Resolve( m_pPolicyManager, TS::Policy::TaskSequence::ResolvePolicy | TS::Policy::TaskSequence::ResolveSource, fpCallbackProc, pv, hCancelEvent), HRESULT=80040103 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\tasksequence\tsmbootstrap\tsmediawizardcontrol.cpp,1208)

Failed to resolve selected task sequence dependencies. Code(0x80040103)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Ideas.

From Comand Prompt (Winpe) I verified that I can access to that shares, also there is no error about "Invalid Users or Password"

Regards.

4 answers to this question

Did you setup Network Access Account ? also make sure the pakcages avilable in Distribution Points.

Hi,

I didn´t setup network account, because i setup with a domain account that has all rights.

I Also verified that all pacakages, boot imagens, s.o images ares synchronized with DPs.

As you see the client computer can´t connect to share, but in log it doesn´t mention about invalid users or password.

Regards.

I configured again the Network Account and reinstall Distribution Point.

Then it worked,

I deployed windows xp sp3, so after winpe applied y reboot for start the installation of windows, but when it reboot it show me a message

"Start WIndows Normaly" I selected that and then show me blue screen

I attached logs.

smsts-20100825-142302.log