peanican

Error Code 5202-5203 AD Discovery

I have a few machines that have been online for 2 days now. They show up in the collection "All Systems" but never populate their AD OU locations. When I run the AD_System_Discovery I recieve the following errors:

Message ID 5202.

SMS Active Directory System Discovery Agent read the AD Containers and found 1 valid AD Container entries in the site control file.

Active Directory System Discovery Agent identified 328 systems in the AD Containers and generated 317 system discovery data records (DDRs) and 11 errors while attempting to create DDRs.

Message ID 5203

SMS Active Directory System Discovery Agent reported errors for 11 objects. DDR's were generated for 0 objects that had errors while reading non-critical properties. DDR's were not generated for 11 objects that had errors while reading critical properties.

Possible cause: The SMS Service might not have access to some properties of this object. The container specified might not have the properties available.

Solution: Please verify the Active Directory schema for properties that are not replicated or locked. Refer to the discovery logs for more information.

The problem is that I can not find where the discovery logs are located. Its on a winXP client and a server 2008 R2 server. adsysdis.log is what I think I'm looking for. Can someone tell me if this is correct and where I find it? Thanks.

I think I'm looking for

Ok. So after i scavanged my DNS I had 55 ddr errors. So I know that error is simply because the computers don't exist in DNS. Solved.

But...

Message ID 5202.

SMS Active Directory System Discovery Agent read the AD Containers and found 1 valid AD Container entries in the site control file.

This is telling me that sccm is finding the machine I added and the machine is showing up in 'all systems' but why is it not updatig the OU location? In the coming months I'll be migrating 70 machines to my network and really need the OU structure to update. How long should it normally take?

Ok. So after i scavanged my DNS I had 55 ddr errors. So I know that error is simply because the computers don't exist in DNS. Solved.

But...

Message ID 5202.

This is telling me that sccm is finding the machine I added and the machine is showing up in 'all systems' but why is it not updatig the OU location? In the coming months I'll be migrating 70 machines to my network and really need the OU structure to update. How long should it normally take?

Active Directory System discovery will discovery only Computer name,Operating system,Object class,DNS Host name and Domain.

If you need computer OU detials,you should need to have enabled AD System Group disocovery.Have you enabled this Disovery Method?

Active Directory System discovery will discovery only Computer name,Operating system,Object class,DNS Host name and Domain.

If you need computer OU detials,you should need to have enabled AD System Group disocovery.Have you enabled this Disovery Method?

Thank You! that explains it. I have it enabled but it was only running every x number of days. That also explains why the OU eventually shows up. Thanks Again!