Kaaskyker

Excluding

Question

Hi. Newbie here.

I want to do a AD System Discovery in a container in AD but I want to exclude a sub container.

Is this possible?

I made a example (below).

I want to add the container "058-Services" but I don't want discovery to happen in the sub container "Workstation Virtual".

Is there an attribute I can change in SCCM or AD?

29x6ybn.jpg

Thank you in advance.

10 answers to this question

Its not possible to exclude any subcontainers...

I can only think of some workarrounds, like:

- Move the container in the AD to a place outside the AD Discovery,

- Deny acces to the container for the ConfigMgr Site Server (will create errors during discovery).

- Turn of the recursion on the top-level and create multiple LDAP Queries to discover the other containers.

I think you can.

You can create a collection with the OU to be excluded (subcontainer) and then create another one (top container) and tell them to exclude the other collection!

Check these links

Creating SCCM collections that exclude another collection

Exclude a sub-OU from a Collection in SCCM ( Scroll down to see the solution)

I think you can.

You can create a collection with the OU to be excluded (subcontainer) and then create another one (top container) and tell them to exclude the other collection!

Check these links

Just a note : If you have computers informatiton in SCCM Databse,then you can create collections as per requirement but Collections will querying the objects (computer,users) from the SCCM Database(To happane this,system Discovery required), it (collections) will not query directly from Active Directory.

I think you can.

Check these links

This has nothing to do with the Active Directory Discoveries, this is about computers which are already discoverd and then excluded from collections.

Just a note : If you have computers informatiton in SCCM Databse,then you can create collections as per requirement but Collections will querying the objects (computer,users) from the SCCM Database(To happane this,system Discovery required), it (collections) will not query directly from Active Directory.

Yes but, what if you create collection as per OU? so this will always reflect your OU container.

Example

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName = "YOUR DOMAIN/OU"

Yes but, what if you create collection as per OU? so this will always reflect your OU container.

Example

Create a collection as Per OU : This will list all the computers from SCCM Database with filter option "where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName = "YOUR DOMAIN/OU" to see how many computers will fall with this filter for various Ways,since SystemOUName is attrbiute of computer properties if AD System Group discovery Disabled .

Create a collection as Per OU : This will list all the computers from SCCM Database with filter option "where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName = "YOUR DOMAIN/OU" to see how many computers will fall with this filter for various Ways,since SystemOUName is attrbiute of computer properties if AD System Group discovery Disabled .

Sorry i don't understand this post. if you are explaining to me there is no reason. I was posting a working example from my SCCM