Lat3

OSD Break Is this Normal?

Question

Hi all,

When I perform a OSD of XP (32 bit) and a OSD of Win7 (x64) both of them act the same and stop at the same point.

Both of the start the task seq and do the following:

Boots from PXE

Boot Image starts

Nic driver loads

Task Seq asks for a password to begin the advertised task seq. I put the password in

OS starts to install. Downloads all the files.

The OS beings it's install and finishes all the way.

Next step is Windows Setup/Config mgr Client install. This completed then a reboot occurs.

On both the XP and the Win7 they boot up to the login screen. At this point in the task seq then next step is to install the apps. Well the apps never install and yet no errors about anything. I log in on the xp/7 and the client icon are installed on the control panel.

Is this normal for me to have to login manually? :unsure: on the XP i even told my sysprep unattend.txt to log in automatically 1 time.

This problem has also stumped my co worker. He ran into same thing.

Any light to be shined on this would be great.

Lat3

1 answer to this question

No, you shouldn't have to log on for your apps to install. If by "apps" you mean your SCCM packages. If that's happening, then you might take a look at your Package's Program's settings to ensure that you didn't require them to only install when a user is logged in....