created4success

USMT 4.0 Restore Hangs in Replacement Scenario With Both Computers Being Windows 7 Boxes But Gives No Error

Question

Background: Trying to do a replacement scenario in which the old computer has Windows 7 and the new computer will have Windows 7. KB974571 is NOT installed on either machine and the "Capture" task completes successfully on the old computer.

Problem: When attempting to do the "Restore" it hangs at restoring the Administrator profile at 2%. No errors are given and if you do not manually stop the process it will just hang there.

Goal: To restore the profiles from the old machine to the new machine. I have even tried using TS variables to element migrating local files but it does not seem to work according to the logs.

Logs and TS: Rather than post the entire logs I will just give the last line of each log to provide some insight. The reason I wasnt going to post the who log is because I dont get any errors.

LoadStateProgress: 04 Jan 2011, 16:42:28 -05:00, 00:01:42, totalPercentageCompleted, 1

LoadState: 2011-01-04 16:42:32, Info [0x0808fe] Plugin {050ed09e-a530-41e6-8ac9-a9a96e74a2c1}: [shmig] User Tile: applying user tile for 'Administrator'

Capture UserState: Request State Store>Set TS Variable (OSDMigrateAdditionalCaptureOptions) Value (/uel:2)>Capture UserState(MigPrint and MigUser)>Release State Store = Runs Successfully.

Restore State: Reuqest State Store>Set TS Variable (OSDMigrateAdditionalRestoreOption) Value (/ue:%computername%\*)>Restore User State (MigPrint and MigUser)>Restart Computer>Release State Store = Hangs at loading Administrator profile (which I dont want anyways)

Comments: Any insight is appreciated.

2 answers to this question