Kingskawn

Little capture question

Question

I got some problems getting a capture of a Lenovo T510 and Dell E6510 but besides that I want to know which drivers are loaded at Winpe stage and which one after.

When the capture launches from OS it's using the os drivers or not? And when it's rebooting it's loading the winpe drivers I presume?

3 answers to this question

Is there a reason you don't mesh it all together into a single task sequence? Let it kick things off, deploy the base OS, have it run any additional task sequence items, and then it automatically captures the setup and generates your .WIM file.

Anyway, if I understood your question, then I think you want to hear... The capture process uses the drivers via the installed OS initially, and then once it reboots, and initiates WinPE, it switches over to the drivers you've got added to your boot image. So to have a successful capture you probably need to have your NIC and maybe SATA drivers for the particular model in two places - in the SCCM repository, but also added to your boot image. I'm not sure what you mean when you ask about "after"...