Dwilson

Multiple Users to Security Group

Question

First off I would like to say that this site is great. I have been a member here for a short time and have found myself coming back to reference material more and more.Two thumbs up!!!!!! Now on to my issue.

I have setup a few Security Groups in AD for SCCM application deployements. Everything has been tested and works great. Today I received a spreadsheet with the list of users our business needs the application deployed to. There are over 800 users needing the deployment (yikes). I would like to find a way to automate this process based off of the spreadsheet I have been given. I know that some of you have probably been down this road before and would like to hear how you accomplished this. Any insight is appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Instead of deplying the applications to user based(what happens if one use using loggin to multiple computers),I would prefer ,to deploy to their assigned computers based on AD security group.

Here is automatic way of doing application Deployment .

http://www.windows-n...ctions-in-sccm/

Normally I would choose to deploy by Computer account, but in this instance I believe the deployment will work better by User. These deployments need to be on any machine that a given user logs on to. These application have to be installed in order for a dependant program to run (hope that makes sense).

Lucid: The second link looks to be what I need. Have you ever used the script? I believe I could manage to modfiy what is needed but am nowhere near pro in scripting.