barryb20

Create TS Media

Question

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help, I'm trying to create task sequence media for Prestaged Media. I'm not doing this from our Central Pirmary site as it is not a Mangement Point (so don't get the option to create) so I am having to do this from a Primary site then pull the Bootdisk and WIM from one of the secondary sites.

All seems to go well, pre stages the WIM then I hit an error when staging the boot image of all things :unsure:

from the createTSmedia.log:

Error staging bootable WinPE (0x800700b7)

Failed to create media (0x800700b7)

CreateTsMedia failed with error 0x800700b7, details=""

from the Admin GUI:

Errors

Error creating media. Error message is : Cannot create a file when that file already exists.. Please refer to CreateTsMedia.log to get details.

I have recreated and redistributed the boot disks twice now but to no avail. I can create a Boot ISO with no problems! I found similar error messages but none that seem to relate to this.

thanks,

Barry

2 answers to this question

Hi,

OK got the MP role added to the Cenral site but still get the same error!

Error creating media. Error message is : Cannot create a file when that file already exists.. Please refer to CreateTsMedia.log to get details.

This is highly frustrating to say the least :( must be something to do with our setup as no one else seems to have encountered this issue.

Thanks,

Barry

Hi Guys,

For future reference I have solved this issue.

It would appear, for whatever reason, the Create TS Media process when doing the Win PE disk segment, did not like the

%USERPROFILE$\temp directory.

Even though this error and failure was consistent across 3 different servers, who all had plenty of disk space!

Set user temp environment to a different Drive e.g. X:\Temp directory and it has worked. :blink:

Cheers,

Barry