rotem

MP Control Manager detected management point is not responding to HTTP requests

hey guys...

im having a problem with one DP .. i look at the configmgr status messages viewer and im keeping getting errors for my DP :

MP Control Manager detected management point is not responding to HTTP requests. The HTTP status code and text is 404, Not Found.Possible cause: Management point encountered an error when connecting to SQL Server.

Solution: Verify that the SQL server is properly configured to allow Management Point access. Verify that management point computer account or the Management Point Database Connection Account is a member of SMS Management Point Role (msdbrole_MP) in the SQL Server database.

Possible cause: The SQL Server Service Principal Names (SPNs) are not registered correctly in Active Directory

Solution: Ensure SQL server SPNs are correctly registered. Review Q829868.

Possible cause: Internet Information Services (IIS) isn't configured to listen on the ports over which SMS is configured to communicate.

Solution: Verify that the designated Web Site is configured to use the same ports which SMS is configured to use.

Possible cause: The designated Web Site is disabled in IIS.

Solution: Verify that the designated Web Site is enabled, and functioning properly.

Possible cause: The SMS ISAPI Application Identity does not have the requisite logon privileges.

Solution: Verify that the account that the SMS ISAPI is configured to run under has not been denied batch logon rights through group policy.

For more information, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 838891.

plus i look at the IIS setting at a site that is working good , to my new site and im seeying big diffrences.. :

this is the good one :

post-9024-0-91995500-1300005937_thumb.jpg

this is the new one that getting the errors...:

post-9024-0-38494900-1300006101_thumb.jpg

Hi :), This was a similar issue to what I was having, I ended up removing the MP and reporting site roles and deinstalling IIS. Then I reinstalled IIS and then readded the mp and reporting roles.

Its also worth checking the webdav_schema.xml as I found that changes you make to webdav were not being written to this file!

It seems that IIS is very flaky and it took me hours to get this sorted, I ended up doing the above reinstall 3 times and then all of a sudden it started working as it should.

Good luck :)

The webdav schema is located in c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\config\schema

You need to take ownership of it then remove the read only atributes, then ammend the file as below:

element name="properties">

<attribute name="allowAnonymousPropfind" type="bool" defaultValue="true" />

<attribute name="allowInfinitePropfindDepth" type="bool" defaultValue="true" />

<attribute name="allowCustomProperties" type="bool" defaultValue="false" />

Hope this works for you as well :)

thanx man it seems to be ok!

great!

tell me..if i remove the wds and the pxe Role from the site server...will the DP will work?

its a local dp it is in my main branch office..i just want to use the DP for dist' images and prog's..//

thanx man it seems to be ok!

great!

tell me..if i remove the wds and the pxe Role from the site server...will the DP will work?

its a local dp it is in my main branch office..i just want to use the DP for dist' images and prog's..//

No,it wont work unless you dont deploy OS to clients. WDS and PXE role is used to to deploy operating system Via PXE(Pre-execution environment).PXE service point site system(in usage of WDS) will respond to PXE requests from computers on the network and then work with the Configuration Manager 2007 environment to determine the next appropriate action to take.

By default, when you create the PXE service point an associated distribution point is also created with a network share called SMSPXEIMAGES$. This network share contains the boot images and must be accessible by the target computers for booting purpose. You should only add boot images that will be used as part of your PXE initiated deployment to this share.

Please refer this for more info http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb694069.aspx