thegorre

[Help] Unable to perform this task sequence

Question

Hi,

I've finish installing SCCM 2007 following all your guides...

I tried to install then capture windows seven enterprise x86 Sp1

I work under Vmware Wks 7 with network Bridge option

I succeed either to boot "generated task media" or threw pxe

For my example as it boots under pxe, then when PE is charged than it ask for password : so i enter

the password (pxe password) and it continue to the chose of sequence... then i choose my previous created sequence

then it stopped with the error : see under the joined picture !!

20tfr44.jpg

"Unable to perform this task sequence for the program files for PackageID are inaccessible on the distribution point"

I found a solution under internet explaining :

"To resolve this issue, you must correctly configure the System Center Configuration Manager 2007 client network access account. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Use an account that has administrative permissions to log on to a computer that has the System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Administrator Console installed.

2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Systems Management Server, and then click SMS Administrator Console.

3. Expand ServerName, expand Site Management, expand SiteName, and then expand Site Settings.

4. Click Client Agents, right-click Computer Client Agent, and then click Properties.

5. In the Computer Client Agent Properties dialog box, next to the network access account that you want to configure, click Set.

6. In the Windows User Account dialog box, enter the user name and the password that you want to use for the network access account, and then click OK two times.

"

So under Client Agents first there was an Access Account for :

DomainName\AAccount

As it do not work with this account : i decided to enter :

(IP DomainName)\AAccount

But it do not work !

I also tried with the local SCCM Administrator account : but failed

My first question, this access account under Client Agents, must belong to the Domain or can it be a local user under SCCM server ?

My second question : when i modify those kind of option into SCCM console mgr, what must i update to take effect !

Should i update PE image, don't know because iam noob ! but i want to succeed !

If needed, ask me information about my config

Many thanks for your help

PS : also another question :

as the PE is charged, maybe there a way to open a windows with Command line, so i can try a network mapping, trying to access network with cmd command !

2 answers to this question

My first question, this access account under Client Agents, must belong to the Domain or can it be a local user under SCCM server --> This should be a domain user account and need not to be member of domain admins/any other groups and should not be local user under SCCM server. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680398.aspx

My second question : when i modify those kind of option into SCCM console mgr, what must i update to take effect !

Should i update PE image, don't know because iam noob ! but i want to succeed !

If needed, ask me information about my config---> You dont have to do any thing .

Many thanks for your help

PS : also another question :

as the PE is charged, maybe there a way to open a windows with Command line, so i can try a network mapping, trying to access network with cmd command !

Can you check if the package C0100005 is avilable on the distribution point or not if not,try distributing it. Monitor the distmgr.log from your SCCM server logs for errors.

What is strange in fact :

Into the boot images, i decided to use only the WAIK X86 boot wim

associate with distribution point

Then i put the good user that is in the domain : DC01\smsadmin for the Computer Client Agent

Right

then i put a new OS package and create a new task install and capture image Win7 enterprise x86 using the previous WinPE image boot

Advertising the task then i boot under the new host and i got no error !!!

Very strange !

Before do not work with the boot image created with MDT and it works fine just using a basic WinPe wim file boot !!

Really strange !

Maybe normal because iam a noob !