Adam K

Client Not Installed, can't deploy anything

Question

I know this is a fairly common issue, however i've read mutliple threads to no avail, so I figured last hope is to post my own thread.

I've recently built up this SCCM 2007 server (fully updated, services packs and all) - installation went without a hitch, SQL is installed on a seperate machine but all permissions were apparently fine.

I cannot get software to deploy to my workstations (or the SCCM client to install on workstations remotely).

My descovered computer 'Collections' are fully populated, with all machines showing: Site Code = LBR, Assigned = YES, Client = No.

Even though I have manually forced instalations of the client on a couple of machines, they are still showing no client on the SCCM console. I have tried to deploy Office 2007 to these machines to see if it works anyway, but it doesn't. Admin account specified to install applications is correct, and of course I have been Updating Collection refreshing

My workstations do seem to have the sccm client installation initiated, but I keep seeing this message on the logs of my workstations:

<![LOG[Failed to successfully complete HTTP request....etc.

and

<![LOG[sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7]LOG]!><time="12:31:37.870+-60" date="04-01-2011" component="FSPStateMessage" context="" type="3" thread="1608" file="fsputillib.cpp:1253">

On the SCCM server, SMS trace is also showing the folling for the ccm.log:

'Unable to connect to WMI ® on remote machine "LT5068", error = 0x8004100e'

I have attached snips of logs from the Workstations (ccmsetup.log) and from the SCCM server (Server - ccm.log) if anyone wishes to have a look.

Thanks

ccmsetup.log

Server - ccm.log

4 answers to this question

The client push account is a domain administrator account which has all the rights required to install software on local machines. I have even logged the machines on as the same account to ensure its not the local accounts that are restricting the installation.

Windows firewall is disabled on all machines, so that can't be blocking it. I'm at a bit of a loss here

OK, so after some messing about with WebDav and setting the DNS suffix on the advanced TCP/IP of the SCCM server's NIC, I am now able to deploy the client to any machine in my collections. This includes the creation of teh CCM and ccmsetup folders in 'system32' directory (whereas before it would only create the 'ccmsetup' directory. Also now it creates all the icons in Control Panel: 'Configuration Manager', 'Remote Control' and 'Run Advertised Programs'.

HOWEVER, within the SCCM console it still shows Client = No; Assigned = Yes, for the machines that do have it installed. Also when I try to deploy applications the workstations nothing happens, so something is still a miss.

The server side ccm.log is still complaining about the following:

CWmi::Connect(): ConnectServer(Namespace) failed. - 0x8004100e

---> Unable to connect to WMI ® on remote machine "DT5047", error = 0x8004100e

And workstations are still complaining about:

<![LOG[Failed to successfully complete HTTP request.

Please, any other suggestions?