fotc

Capture & Deploy TS Failing

Question

I have 2 task sequences...one to capture the existing XP image to a network share...and another to deploy the Win7 OS and install required software.

Both TS's run just fine independently, but when I combine them into one full process, it fails at the beginning of the deployment phase (diskpart).

The workstations are configured with WinXP, 1 hard disk with 2 partitions (C & D)....c is the OS and d is for miscellaneous data.

Server is Win 2k3 Ent R2 w/ SCCM 2007 SP2 R2 w/ MDT integrated.

After combining the task sequences, I get access denied... this is the error:

The task sequence execution engine failed executing the action (Partition Disk 0) in the group (Install Operating Systems) with the error code 5
Action output: ==============================[ OSDDiskPart.exe ]==============================
Command line: "osddiskpart.exe"
Succeeded loading resource DLL 'X:\sms\bin\i386\1033\TSRES.DLL'
Reading partition size info for partition 0
Remaining size before partition: 79999073280
size units: SIZE_MB
Set partition size: 104857600
Remaining size after partition 0: 79894215680
Reading partition size info for partition 1
Remaining size before partition: 79894215680
size units: SIZE_PERCENT
100% size specified.
Remaining size after partition 1: 0
Disk 0 contains protected path "D:\_SMSTaskSequence\StateStore"
FALSE, HRESULT=00000005 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osddiskpart\main.cpp,1421)
Attempt to partition disk containing a protected path.  Disk index = 0
OSDDiskPart.exe failed: 0x00000005. The operating system reported error 5: Access is denied.

I'm almost positive it's failing because the TS and other data is being written to the D partition (the protected path); but i don't know how to make the _SMSTaskSequence folder to be written elsewhere. I'm not using USMT at all. I'm using the ZTIBackup.wsf script to perform the backup task.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet