Lykan

WDS and .Net 4.0

Hi everyone,

I am actually testing a SCCM 2012 migration and got Problems with the WDS Server ( everything else works ).

Before I install the dotNet Framework 4.0 the WDS Service works fine. After Installation it throws the Error "Windows Deployment Services Server could not be started." It was tested on different states of Installation (befor .Net, befor SQL, befor SCCM) on different Maschienes.

DHCP and WDS on same Server?

Maybe you should initialize it again

No, in my Lab Scenario I am having a Server as Domain Controller, DHCP and DNS also

a SCCM 2007 Central Site

a SCCM 2007 Primary Site (with disabled WDS)

a SCCM 2012 Central Site

a SCCM 2012 Primary Site( with WDS errors ) the SCCM 2012 Sites are on one Maschine but the Primary Site is on a Hyper-V VM.

did you reinstall / reinitialize the WDS again?

Yes, i also created a brand new vm with a fresh Server 2008R2. I just joined the Maschine to the Domain rebooted it and installed the WDS Role. But the service also wont start.

So my WDS is running. The mistake was that i had just one partition, on the WDS installation the RemoteInstall dir will be created on an Drive != %Systemdrive% if there is no other driver it won’t be created. To solve this i configured the WDS Server so that he is point to a RemoteInstall dir on the System drive.

• Like 1