Tinsnut

Add user to admin group variable

Question

Hello,

I was curious if there is a variable to add specified domain user to the administrators group. I have the OSDComputerName variable setup and appreciate the ability to change the computer name before running through my task sequence. I would like to have the same functionality with user permissions.

I found the original OSDComputer name options here if interested:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd252752.aspx

Thank you,

Shaun

2 answers to this question

Nope, there is no default option or variable for that. If you want to do something like that, you should use a run command line -step and do something like here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrosd/thread/d2f34f48-9a09-482c-962e-acb0d01d323b/

Thank you for the response!

"cmd /c net localgroup "Administrators" "domain\user" /add

replace domain\user with your desired user (you can use variables in conjunction with a frontend HTA, eg: domain\%targetuser%"

This looks like what I need. Besides using HTA's (someday I hope to be of that skill level) How could I get a prompt to come up for %targetuser%?