Damien

OSD Task sequence failed

Question

Hi Guys,

I have a strange one here, in my office we use XP and use SCCM to deploy images. but somethimes randomly the task sequence stops in the middle and the computer boots up without connecting to the domain. the sequence failes at "Setup windows and ConfigMgr" after this step, when the computer restarts it's not joined to the domain(mind you this is totaly random)and could happen with any model of PCs we use.

managed to grab the SMSTS.log from one of the failed PCs (attached)

any help would be great. Thanks.

smsts.log

2 answers to this question

Sounds like a flakey network to be honest, if it works part of the time and not other times then it doesn't sound like your image. If you are using an OU with GPO settings this can cause issues so you can try a OU to hold the machines with little or no GPO settings and see if that changes anything. I would also check the network, make sure the cables are in good shape and try switching ports on your network switch to ensure this is not the problem. If it is not taking the image or not adding to the domain from time to time I would guess it is more network than SCCM.