binarymime

Windows 7 OSD - Multiple Partitions

Question

In our environment we push out a base windows 7 image to our clients. We typically lockdown access to the c: drive and as a result some programs such as adobe photoshop require a scratch disk. Our solution was to deploy a secondary partition along with our OSD. 90% of the drive would be devoted to the OS and 10% devoted to the Secondary partition, however upon completion of our OSD we have found that while the space has been allocated sufficently and correctly the second partiion has not be formatted to include all the available drive space and some of it remains unallocated as seen in the attached screenshot, does anyone know how it can be instructed to the OSD to use the full 10% of the second partition for the second volume?

post-11614-0-73049700-1317066064_thumb.png

8 answers to this question

I do have quick format selected althol81. As for Artem's suggestion, i have to say i never even thought of the disk partitioning process in the OSD task sequence with that kind of logic, as much as it doesn't make sense...it actually does. I have made the necessary suggested change and am currently testing, i will let you know what my results are.

Thanks