Guy

SCCM 2007 client push install

Question

Hey all,

After reading through all of the setup articles to get SCCM 2007 setup, I'm now trying to do a push install of the client to a PC, and nothing seems to be happening. SCCM lists the client as "N/A" for approved, and I made sure that the client install credentials are admin-level, and are enabled as local machine admin. The DNS A record is correct, and from what I can tell everything else is setup too.

I'm not getting any errors or feed back. Any thoughts?

-Guy

Update: So obviously I'm blind, as I didn't think to look at the error logs...

Severity Type Site code Date / Time System Component Message ID Description

Warning Milestone ABC 10/25/2011 10:34:43 AM 2008R2 SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER 3014 SMS Client Configuration Manager cannot connect to the machine "UsersPC". The operating system reported error 5: Access is denied. Possible cause: The client is not accessible. Solution: Verify that the client is connected to the network and that the SMS Service account or (if specified) the SMS Client Remote Installation account has the required privileges, as specified in the SMS documentation. Possible cause: A remote client installation account was not specified in the SMS Admin console, the account is not valid, is disabled, or has an expired password. Solution: Ensure one or more valid and active remote client installation accounts are specified in the SMS Admin console, that the account names and passwords are correct, and that the account has the required administrator rights on the target machines.

There was an error like this for every client, so this has cleared now that I updated the client install credentials, but I'm getting a slightly different error now:

Severity Type Site code Date / Time System Component Message ID Description

Warning Milestone ABC 10/25/2011 10:55:10 AM 2008R2 SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER 3014 SMS Client Configuration Manager cannot connect to the machine "OPTI2". The operating system reported error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start. Possible cause: The client is not accessible. Solution: Verify that the client is connected to the network and that the SMS Service account or (if specified) the SMS Client Remote Installation account has the required privileges, as specified in the SMS documentation. Possible cause: A remote client installation account was not specified in the SMS Admin console, the account is not valid, is disabled, or has an expired password. Solution: Ensure one or more valid and active remote client installation accounts are specified in the SMS Admin console, that the account names and passwords are correct, and that the account has the required administrator rights on the target machines.

1 answer to this question