bookie56

Keep trying WDS and not getting anywhere?

Question

Hi folks!

I have been trying hard for a while now to use either MDT or WDS to deploy and capture Windows XP..

My hardware is as follows:

Chassi: NZXT Classic Series H2 - miditower - ATX

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 1.0) - moderkort - ATX - Socket AM3+ - AMD 990FX (GA-990FXA-UD3)

Procesor: AMD Black Edition AMD Phenom II X6 1090T / 3.2 GHz processor

Memory: 2x CORSAIR Vengeance Dual C DDR3 8GB Kit, 1600MHz (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B)

Hard Drives: 1x KINGSTON HYPERX 120GB SSD SATA/600 MLC KIT (for OS)

Hard Drives: 2x WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1TB 7200RPM SATA/600 64MB (for fast storage)

Hard Drives: 2x WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR GREEN 2TB SATA/300 64MB (for main storage customer images etc)

PSU: CORSAIR HX 750W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V

Graphics Card: ASUS RADEON HD5670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E VGA/DVI/HDMI

Heatsink: NOCTUA NH-D14 S-1155/1156/1366/AM3

I have installed Windows Server 2008r2 and installed all roles needed...dns,dhcp,ad, wds, mdt, waik

I have just upgraded to VMware Workstation 8 for my virtual machines..

I have followed this "how to" . I sysprep the vm and then boot from network and it goes ok, but isn't finding the image.....?

OK! My vm is Windows XP Home Edition and it has all updates and sp's installed. The original XP came with sp1 installed, so after updating the vm I have downloaded and extracted the latest XP deploy.cab for sp3.

I haven't changed anything on the unattend file and ran sysprep as indicated in the guide, but I still am not seeing an image?

Can someone give me some help with this problem please!

Let me know if you need more info...

bookie56

3 answers to this question

Hi again!

Well, it would seem that no one deploys or captures XP anymore....?

When you follow a guide and are told that you can't see an image because you have sysprepped the image wrong, then it would be nice to know what you did wrong and how one can correct that......?

Never mind it seems to be a waste of time asking here anyway....

bookie56

Hi,

I ve almost the configuration. I am afraid I cannot answer to your question but, I am unable to install W2008 r2 server. Anytime I boot from the install DVD always get acpi.sys error. Have you faced any problem like this during installation. Do you know how I can handle that...

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 1.0) - moderkort - ATX - Socket AM3+ - AMD 990FX (GA-990FXA-UD3)

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1050T

Memory: 4x CORSAIR XMMS DDR3 4GB Kit, 1300MHz