baycando

SMS Site Component Manager could not access site system.......

Question

I keep geeting the following error message. I verified that the site server's computer account has admin rights on the remote site and am still getting this error. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

SMS Site Component Manager could not access site system "\\sqlserver02". The operating system reported error 2147942405: Access is denied.

Possible cause: The site system is turned off, not connected to the network, or not functioning properly.

Solution: Verify that the site system is turned on, connected to the network, and functioning properly.

Possible cause: SMS Site Component Manager does not have sufficient access rights to connect to the site system.

Solution: Verify that the Site Server's computer$ account has administrator rights on the remote site system.

Possible cause: Network problems are preventing SMS Site Component Manager from connecting to the site system.

Solution: Investigate and correct any problems on your network.

Possible cause: You took the site system out of service and do not intend on using it as a site system any more.

Solution: Remove this site system from the list of site systems for this site. The list appears in the Site Systems node of the Administrator console.

Thank you

2 answers to this question

hello,

I am having the same issue, I have tried all the steps computer name is also added to the local administrators but no success.

I am unable to reach the SQL server with its Virtual Name \\SQLV1.domain.com\C$ but I can access the share with SQL server physical host name \\SQL01.domain.com\C$

what is the issue why SCCM is always trying to connect to "SMS Site Component Manager could not access site system \\SQLV1.domain.com. The operating system reported error 2147942405: Access is denied."

any suggestion ?

I am using SCCM 2012 SP1 and SQL 2012 SP1.

my SQL is working under the clustered environment.

Regards

Owais