tedcbe

Need to push reg fix for broken tiff file assocation

Question

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question but because it is related to SMS 2003, i am posting it here

We have a good few workstations and laptops that have the tiff file association broken. Tiff files are normally associated with Microsoft Picture and Fax viewer.

However after a new finance system was rolled out to the users, whenever they click on the 'view invoices' button whithin the finance system which is a tiff file, it only gives the option to save or exit.

I've looked at Windows Explorer - Tools - Folder Options - File Types on some of the machines and there is no associated program for TIF and TIFF files.

The second part to this question is that I have a list of first and last names and need to get the user names from these from AD so that I can run a query with the user names to find out the last logged on machines in SMS.

I then need to deploy a package containing the attached registry fix for restoring the tiff file assocation to use the Mircrosoft Fax and Picture viewer to all these machines.

I am told that this registry fix should restore the TIF and TIFF files association.

Is that correct?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet