bu7ch

Missing Boot Media in SCCM 2007

Question

A little background first:

Server1: SCCM/WSUS/PXE/AllRoles (2007 R3 Native Mode)

Server2: SQL Server

Server3: Test SCVMM 2012

Several BDPs that just replicate data for branch offices.

This week I noticed we were having problems with OSD and WSUS. Right around this same time a coworker and I were toying with SCVMM 2012 and its Windows Update features for the fabric. Soon after our WSUS content grew to 125GB and we found the settings to properly integrate SCVMM into SCCM/WSUS. My coworker deleted the wsus content folder and we moved WSUS content to a new folder...seems to be working well at this point.

Later we found that OSD didn't work and would fail at the task sequence section with the error "Failed to run task sequence 0x80072EFE". I found the certificates in IIS for the SSL site was set to none. I set it to the server cert and it worked for a few hours.

Then our hardware tech had a problem with one TS so went to delete the advertisement and recreate it. Now we can't use any OSD features and see the following error on the client SMSTS.log: "An error occurred while retrieving policy for this computer 0x80004005". I don't get an IP and it appears the NIC driver isn't in the boot image any longer. I tried to update the boot image with a driver but still failed. Then I found this link:

http://blogs.technet...0x80004005.aspx

It says to recreate the boot media but I'm not 100% sure how to do this. Our SCCM environment was configured by a consultant who is no longer available to us because of a non-compete contract. I get to the part where I need to create the task sequence media, choose bootable media, give it a media file path (I think I did this right) but on the next step it asks for a cert. I don't know where this cert would be and if I can export it from the SCCM server.

Any help would be awesome and in the meantime I will keep looking at the server...Sorry for such a long post.

TL;DR - missing boot media, not sure where cert is to import.

Edit:

Read this: http://technet.micro...y/bb632961.aspx

I can't export any cert with a private key on two workstations or servers. I'm trying more but figured I'd update the OP to let someone know I tried this.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet