adam.meyer

Approve client option grayed out

N/A means that approval is not applicable for the computer.

A Configuration Manager 2007 client cannot be approved until it has successfully installed and assigned to a site.

For SMS 2003 clients - they are not subject to approval, so always N/A

If systems are discovered that are not SCCM clients - we can't approve non-clients

If Clients are in native mode - no approval.

More information about Client Approval from Technet http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb694193.aspx

If you have lot of computers which are not approved though option set in Primary site settings (automatic approve clients in trusted domain recomended)

You can use the script posted by Brown to appove all the computers in single shot .

http://www.myitforum.com/articles/15/view.asp?id=12796

You will have to create collection for unapproved computers and provide the collection ID to the script.

Thank you for the response. I had visited that page before but clearly I didn't read it all the way through. Looking at it today with some fresh eyes i noticed at the bottom of the page it says:

"When the site is operating in native mode, client authentication using the PKI certificates takes the place of approval, and the approval status is not used. However, if the site reverts to mixed mode, clients must be re-approved as if they are new clients."

I'm using certificates and that is why the approval button is grayed out.

thank you