dylan93

Task Sequence from a share

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to run a SCCM Task Sequence from a share on the server on a fresh clean Windows 7/XP system that is not part of a domain.

The thing I want to do is:

On the local computer map a network drive e.g. and run a task sequence from the share created by SCCM that joins the computer to a domain, in MDT you can simply use something like

net use * \\SERVERNAME\DeploymentShare$ /user:DOMAIN\ADMINACCOUNT
cscript \\SERVERNAME\DeploymentShare$\Scripts\LiteTouch.WSF

And it would list the task sequence in a menu within the OS, however I need this to be done in SCCM itself and not MDT.

through sCCM,running the script to install OS is not avilable (could be other ways to do it),why you dont u create ISO media from Task Sequence (right click on Task sequence and create media)

that will crate ISO for you and use this as Bootable to install New OS(Customise the Task Sequence to format the Drive or not formate depends on the requirement).

through sCCM,running the script to install OS is not avilable (could be other ways to do it),why you dont u create ISO media from Task Sequence (right click on Task sequence and create media)

that will crate ISO for you and use this as Bootable to install New OS(Customise the Task Sequence to format the Drive or not formate depends on the requirement).

The problem is, the machines are already deployed with an OS but they are not in the domain, hence the SCCM public share.

But I guess Ican also redeploy them

Nevermind that didn't read it right, well, that would require us to manually boot them into network mode or start from DVD...

EDIT:

Ok, I'm trying to use a task sequence to let the computer join the domain so I can advertise it through PXE boot, however I can't get it to work. This is the order of the TS:

- Setup Windows and ConfigMgr (This is needed because the Windows installation doesn't have the SCCM client installed and is not part of the domain and so that the computer can reboot and resume the task sequence from within Windows ?)

- Restart Computer to the currently installed default operating system.

- Join Domain or Workgroup, join a workgroup WORKGROUP to make sure the computer is out of any domains ?

- Join Domain or Workgroup, join the domain "test.local" with the "test.local\testadmin" account which is domain administrator.

- Done ?

However, after selecting the TS from the list and pressing next, it gets the setting and stuff from the server, I see the Setup Windows and ConfigMgr progress bar for 1 second and than it stops with the error code: 0x80004005

The client SMSTSlog.txt is attached...

SMSTSlog.txt