BzowK

Compatible Frontends / HTAs for SCCM 2012

Good Morning -

(Hey Niall - haven't spoken to you in a while!)

Got a couple of questions.

I have recently set up SCCM 2012 at a new company in a DEV environment and believe that later this week will be setting it up in our production environment. It's the first time I've used 2012 in production.

Previously with 2007, I had modified Ron's Web Tools to create an easy to use Software Deployment webpage for helpdesk techs to use. Basically, they would enter a hostname, select an app from a dropdown list, and click Deploy. Behind the scenes, doing this would add the hostname to a collection which already had the app advertised to it.

I tried to find out if Ron's web tools was compatible with 2012, but could find the answer so tried setting up anyways. Step 3 is copying global.asa which doesn't exist in 2012 so guess that's a no.

Questions

1. So... besides tech using (and being tied down with security) the SCCM console being locally installed on their workstation, are there any other frontends / HTAs that will allow something like this? My manager isn't a fan of the Software Center and wants it to be 100% on the tech side. I'd much prefer to have something free/open source and can be customized.

2. Does anyone know if Rons web tools can be made to work with 2012?

3. Besides the Application Catalog, is there any other way to have a/the SCCM console (or it's features) in a web console?

Again, I've found a couple of expensive ones, but would prefer a simple HTA or frontend as were offered for 2007.

Thanks!

i would image that any of the current HTA's would work with minor modifications for ConfigMgr 2012, and MDT 2012 integrated, have you tried any yet Ben apart from Rons tools (which I havn't tried) ?