haldarc

Reporting in SCCM 2012

Hey guys, love the site! You guys have unknowingly helped me more times than I can count. Today, I've finally decided to jump in and ask a question of my own.

At my previous company we used SCCM 2007. My new company has implemented SCCM 2012. We've got everything up and working (thank you!), but now I'm starting to have some concerns about the differences between the two.

I heavily utilized reporting in 2007 and believe that it was a truly fantastic, simple, versitile, and dynamic tool. So I was eager to see the improvements made in 2012, however, things haven't been going well.

1 - I am no longer able to copy/paste urls of reports that already have parameters configured. Is anyone aware of an easy way to be able to copy/paste a report url with parameters? My bosses aren't going to want to fill in the parameters each time they click on a link. They want a direct link to the information they've requested and I can't find anyway to give it to them short of having to manually enter the data into the URL, which is NOT easy.

2 - It looks like I now have to use Report Builder 2.0 to edit reports? Is there no longer a built-in method?

3 - Can you still link reports to each other in 2012, or does that need to be done within the Report Builder?

4 - The new interface looks remarkably like our standard SQL Server Reporting Services reporting page (I'm assuming this is probably what Microsoft wanted), but my bosses always liked the SCCM 2007 reporting page because it was plain, simple, and to the point. Is there some way to return to the simplicity of the 2007 reporting page?

Of course, maybe I'm doing something all wrong. Thank you all for your input.

The preferred method of sending a report to a manager is to save the report as either a PDF or Excel file, then email it to them.

If your managers want the report regularly though, this can be a pain...

I don't personally find that providing a link that runs a report is too difficult if you use the following steps:

1. Browse to your Report Manager URL in Internet Explorer.

2. On the Report Manager site, browse to the folder with the report you are wanting.

3. Click on the arrow to the right of the report and then click on Manage.

4. Click on Parameters to the left side of the page.

5. Make note of all of the variable names on the Parameters page.

6. Get the URL for the report and tack on each variable name to the end of the URL in the following format:

&<Variable Name Here>=<Value Here>

7. Email the URL to your managers. They will now be able to run the report with the values that you preset whenever they click on the link.

My question is about the hard copy. In the web version we have links to each level of the report. That's great, but if I want to take a pdf to a meeting? I only know how to print the level of the report that I am actually looking at. If I want to print the entire report, do I have to drill down to each level and print? Is there an easier way to do this?

I have put it below i tired the &name=pcname and report does not seem to want to work. Any ideas?

/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fConfigMgr_CC4%2fAsset+Intelligence%2fSoftware+02E+-+Installed+software+on+a+specific+computer&ViewMode=Detail&name=c-data1