BzowK

"Add Operating System Installer Wizard" Throws Error When Adding OS's

Good Afternoon All -

I considered posting my 2 questions in the same post, but decided to go ahead and make 2 posts. Sorry to clog your forum Niall :)

Okay - I just installed SCCM 2012 in our production environment - whoo hoo!

Going through the initial setup and configuration, I had a few errors that I had to take care of, but was able to figure out what caused them OR just uninstall / reinstall them fixed it. I've got a new issue I can't figure out, though.

On my SCCM 2012 Primary Site Server, I created a folder named Images and shared it to my SCCMAdmin account (full) and SCCM Admin group (full). Inside of it, I created sub folders for each of the OS's that I want to have installers for. For now, I am working with Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64.

In the console (signed in as SCCMAdmin), I go to Software library, then Add Operating System Installer Wizard. I type in the UNC path going to shared folder, then sub folder holding the ISO file and click Next. I then get an error saying

"The specified path does not contain a valid operating system or you do not have permission to access it. Specify a valid path."

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong - HOWEVER - I found out I can't add OS Images via WIM file either as I get a similar message. Here's what I've tried to fix it so far...

- Tried pointing it to a folder with the ISO's contents extracted as well as to the Sources folder

- Downloaded the ISO from TechNet so that I know it was fresh - nogo

- Tried adding a Windows 8 ISO I had laying around - nogo

- Checked folder share permissions as well as security ones. I even gave Everyone full access - nogo

- Checked SCCM component and site status - green across the board

- Checked Windows event logs on site server - nothing showing up / nothing denied in Security logs

- Extracted ISO using 7Zip at first - Tried WinRAR later - they've both worked in the past to extract ISOs for this just fine

Any ideas? Help me Niall! - Thanks!

Hi!

you cant point to the iso file, you have to extract the contents into a folder! it should work after that. Try putting them in another folder where everyone has read permission.

You should only use the .wim file if you are running CM SP1. And i hope you are not because it´s a production env :D