itguru1982

Internet Client Access Setup

Hi,

I've setup our ConfigMgr 2012 server in our lab environment and "internally" it all works as expected with no issues at all which is great.

What we have in our business though is a lot of home workers and a lot of engineers that never come into the office and very rarely bother to connect to the VPN although they do connect to the internet regularly.

What I am trying to setup is what I believe was native mode in the old SCCM - where "internet" based clients can send software/hardware inventories, we can remote their machines and also send out software without them having to connect to the VPN.

So far, we have bought a test domain and pointed it to our lab configmgr server via DNS and firewall port forwarding. I've also setup the PKI and pushed out the client certificates and setup the server certificates. However, it doesnt work and I think its something to do with the config within the configmgr.

Does anyone either have any ideas on this or even better, have any step by step guides on how to do this?

Many thanks in advance.....

I'm with you, at about the same place. Make sure on the site, point it at your Internet FQDN. I'm not 100% if the PKI needs to match the external FQDN, my client is happy pointing at that website though...

Screen05.png