japijap

How to create "hidden" 100MB partition for Win 7 in task sequence?

I have captured a Win 7 system using capured media. Of course on the Win 7 system there were 2 partitions, the first one was the 100MB "hidden" partition and the second one was the rest of the hdd.

How can I create such an "hidden" 100MB partition in my task sequence? I guess it should be set in the task sequence point FORMAT HARDDISK, but how to create the "hidden" one? I could create two partitions, but at the end it will appear as C: and D: in Windows GUI.

Hope somebody can give me some advices!

I could already find a solution for that problem! For everybody with the same issue here the solution:

1. In the Configuration Manager Console, select the Task Sequence and the from Actions pane select Edit.

2. The Task Sequence Editor will open. In the left pane select Partition Disk

3. Double click on the first item under Volume to bring up the Partition Properties. Under Formatting options, select Quick Format and under the Advance Options in the Variable field, type BOOTPART. Click OK.

4. Double click on the second item under Volume to bring up the Partition Properties. In the Partition options, select Use a percentage of remaining free space. The Size(%) should be set to 100. Under Formatting options, select Quick Format and under the Advance Options in the Variable field, type OSPART. Click OK.

5. Select Apply Operating System. Change the Image drop down menu from 1-1 to 2-2. Select from the Destination drop-down menu Logical drive letter stored in variable. In the Variable name field, type OSPART. Click OK.

6. Click on the Apply Data Image 1. Click on the Options tab and select Disable this step. Click Ok.