CraigDavid

incident locking

Question

Please can someone give me some advice regarding Service Manager 2012? I am in the process of devloping a Service Manager 2012 system that my Service Desk team will use. One issue I cannot see a way around is the fact that two Service Desk analysts can open the same record at the same time. I have read various forum explanations of how record locking works on SCSM 2012, and I know that some updates cannot be made if another analyst has a call open. However, that does not prevent the situation where two analysts open the same incident and start trying to resolve it. I have a team of 30 staff and it is ineviatable that some of them will open the same incident and start working on it, wasting lots of time. Is there any way at all that this can be avoided?

Many thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no solution for that (not only service manager is impacted. hp bmc....)

One workaround could be assign first the incident so the others will see that it is already assigned.

If an issue occurs, then it will be only on the step to assign the incident.

This workaround means that each incident analyst should only work on his own list (incident assigned to me view)

Not sure it can help you

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no solution for that (not only service manager is impacted. hp bmc....)

One workaround could be assign first the incident so the others will see that it is already assigned.

If an issue occurs, then it will be only on the step to assign the incident.

This workaround means that each incident analyst should only work on his own list (incident assigned to me view)

Not sure it can help you

Thanks for the reply. We've been assigning jobs to us already, however in a fast paced helpdesk it just slows everything down adding additional steps. Thanks anyway.