Avi

WinPE 3 - Unattend.xml works only on first boot SCCM

Hey,

This is the 1st time i post here but I've been a visitor for quite some time,

I was wondering if someone here might know something that i couldn't find an answer to over at technet forums,

I'm trying to use "unattend.xml" to enable remote control using DART 7 Remote Connection tool during WinPE as demonstrated here:

http://www.deploymentresearch.com/Blog/tabid/62/EntryId/36/Software-Assurance-Pays-Off-Remote-Connection-to-WinPE-during-MDT-SCCM-deployments.aspx

The "unattend.xml" is residing in the root of the boot.wim - X:\Unattend.xml

The first time the machine boots in to WinPE from PXE it uses this Unattend.xml and everything works great.

However, if a step to restart the computer to the boot image assigned for the task sequence which is the same boot.wim then after the restart the original "Unattend.xml" will not be used, instead a different xml called "winpeunattend.xml" which is located at "C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WinPE\WinPEUnattend.xml"

And that XML is being created "on the fly" or in runtime, when the TS is "Staging boot.wim"

and the SMSTS.log will log: "Creating WinPE Answer File" and "Successfully saved ... C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WinPE\WinPEUnattend.xml"

The task sequence is from SCCM 2007 R3 with SP2 and the Advertisement is Mandatory and configured as "Access content directly from Distribution Point".

Anyone know how can i control this process to use the root located unattend.xml every time when WinPE loads?

this is the link for the post on technet forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrosd/thread/c3e744a0-c784-46ab-9df1-eae7f8031de5?prof=required

any help is much appreciated, Thanks