lcusson

Advertisement

Question

According to the attached file,

I create this recurrent mandatory assignment to power off all the SSCM computers every night at 18h30.

But I notice that as soon as this advertisement is refresh to the computers the first time, let's say at 10h00am, the computer is powered off right away even if it's not 18h30. After the computer has been powered off 1 time after the refresh of the policies on the computer (and usually during the day), the computer is powered off everyday at 18h30 according to the recurrent schedule.

Is there a way to avoid the first time the computer is powered off during the day when the policies is refreshed on the computer? Is there something that I don't configured properly in the advertisement?

Sorry if my english is not very good and thanks a lot in advance,

Lucie Cusson

Québec, Canada

post-14979-0-23250900-1346428587_thumb.png

1 answer to this question

No this is the way it is.......You will have to create a script that checks the local time of the PC and if it is in a time frame then shut down...if not in time frame ignore but it will still recieve the advertisement like you are getting now but will not shutdown as it is not in the specified time frame...

this is not bible but is a brief example, get a person who can script to make it work:

If Time (hr) = 17hr And Min time <= 30 then

(%systemRoot%\System32\Shutdown.exe /parameters)

End if

So in the above example if the machine is on between 5pm and 5:30pm and recieves the advertisement then it will shutdown

If the machine is off at this time and is switched on anytime after the specified times it still will get the advertisement but will not shutdown.

This is just a guide and the above code will not work...but this will give you a starting point...and do get a person who can script to achieve this and you will have your powermanagement working!!!!!! :D

You can use the windows shutdown exe to shut down the PCs.......in the script point it to the shutdown exe and have your time frame specified.

Rocket Man