Matt

Deploying software that have custom configurations

Question

Hello!

I'm a bit new to packaging in general, and while my SCCM 2007 server is setup correctly to deploy packages I had a couple questions about CREATING the package that SCCM will distribute.

A good example of what i'm trying to deploy is a netbackup client to our fleet of servers. This client installation is not straight forward, in that I have to change the intsallation path from the default, as well as do some things such as plug in our master backup server name, port, etc

I understsand that symantec provides a silent install with switches to do this sort of thing, but what I don't understand is the best way to get this into a package that i can distribute via SCCM, so in essence I guess this is more of a packaging question than it is an SCCM question.

What is the recommended/easiest tool to package something that has a lot of customizations in the install?

If you need more information, please ask, and thanks in advance for any/all assistance.

-Matt

package noob :\

3 answers to this question