Dave Valcourt

Software Distribution

Question

I have a question and was hoping that someone might be able to answer. I have set up a "Guinea Pig" collection that I am distributing Office 2007 to. There are five users that are members of this collection. Three of them have installed successfully. Of the two that failed, one shows as run time exceeded (even though Office does appear to have installed successfully) and the other looks like the user restarted when they shouldn't have.

My question is, how do kick start a retry, or will it retry on its own? On the time exceeded, the program appears to have been successful from the user side, so I'm not sure that it will try to re-install. As for the user who restarted, I feel that sufficient time has passed that it should have retried.

If I re-run the advertisement, will that cause everyone (including the successful installations) to re-install?

1 answer to this question

you can set the type of advertisement to be mandatory and set it to 'reinstall if failed'

keep that test collection as a place for testing new packages until you get them right then use another collection for package deployment

cheers

anyweb