Tay

Endpoint Malware Detection Alerts have incorrect time

Just curious if anyone can shed some light on the malware alerts. I have checked the time on the client and server and everything is correct so why does it say last detection was at 2:31pm today? It is freakin 9AM!

Collection name: All Windows Workstations Multiple malware threshold: 2 Number of machines with multiple malware infections: 2 Last detection time(UTC time): 9/11/2012 2:31:31 PM

Hi Tay,

I actually spoke to a SCCM 2012 guy at a microsoft tech day event, he looked into this for me and essentially the reasoning is this:

Your client machine will show local time, as will your server with forefront installed or role added, however the actual reporting is done in UTC time, thus the 5-6 hour offset depending on your timezone. Unfortunately this is present in both 2007 and 2012 and it is by design and cannot be changed. You will simply have to +/- the time difference. I know its annoying, but i had the same issue, i wish it reported based on the local time of the hosting server or client that reported back....but it doesnt