marlonc1980

SMS Inventory Data Loader

Question

Hello friends, I have a continuous alert in my environment, I always get warnings, which may not be; attached warning data.

=====

Severity Type Site code Date / Time System Component Message ID Description
Warning Milestone NAP 1/22/2013 9:15:20 AM Server.domain.com SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER 2703 Inventory Data Loader failed to process the delta MIF file "XHI8C0I5R.MIF" and has moved it to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\auth\dataldr.box\BADMIFS\2egattbg.MIF." Possible cause: The file attempted to update inventory information in the site database that does not already exist, or the file contains invalid syntax. Solution: The client inventory needs to be resynchronized, which will be done automatically. Look for the status messages 2714 and 2715, which indicate the resynchronization has begun

3 answers to this question

i am getting those 2715 status messages too.

and:

Inventory Data Loader failed to process the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\auth\dataldr.box\Process\H214KJAB.MIF because it is larger than the defined maximum allowable size of 5000000.
Solution: Increase the maximum allowable size, which is defined in the registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Components\SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER\Max MIF Size (the default is 5 MB), and wait for Inventory Data Loader to retry the operation.