jwtdrjj

Wizard Issues

Question

I have a MDT task that joins the domain and then reboots, I also have several other reboots steps after certain apps are installed but for some reason after every reboot the wizard appears again and because it prompts for the computer name it is waiting for interaction and causing issues.

why is the wizard prompting after every reboot?

Thanks,

3 answers to this question

Since the domain join usually happens as part of the task sequence after the deployment completes, I wonder what your BIOS boot order is set to. If every time your system starts and launches directly to your deployment share, then you may want to alter your boot order. It would be helpful to know how you are deploying Windows client via MDT and whether you or not you are booting to removable media or PXE connection. Regardless, you will typically want to ensure the hard drive is next in the boot list after the first boot option is not found so that Windows can proceed to boot into its OS and finish the specified tasks as a part of the selected task sequence.

If you haven’t checked out the Springboard Series on TechNet, I strongly suggest you at least watch the following videos as you become more familiar with MDT and the deployment process:

· Deployment Day Session 1: Introduction to MDT 2012

· Deployment Day Session 2: MDT 2012 Advanced

Finally, anytime someone is attempting to do a capture process and / or deployment I always recommend the following videos:

· Alphabet Soup Deployment: Understanding MDT, WDS, MAP, ACT, SCCM, and USMT

· Deploy Windows 7 The Easy Way: Using WDS, MDT and AIK – Step-By-Step

Hope this helps and keep us posted!

Jessica
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro