rustychuck

Pause BitLocker in task sequence

I have created a task sequence which enables and activates TPM early on, Pre-provisions BitLocker and then Enables BitLocker - which all works great. My problem is during the section where it installs relevant software for the device. The problem device are HP laptops which require a particular partition which is used for the BIOS and other system software. As soon as this software is installed, BitLocker kicks in during the task sequence and asks for the Recovery Key. I understand that this is by design and BitLocker is working as it should. To get around this I thought I would pause/suspend BitLocker, install the software and then resume BitLocker again afterwards. To do this I am using the 'manage-bde -protectors -disable c:' command, however, I find that it is failing each time and exits the task sequence. Has anyone else managed to get this command to work. It is when the task sequence boots into Windows. I am installing Windows 7 64-bit and I have tried using the 'Disable 64-bit file system redirection' but this hasn't worked either.

I have checked the smsts.log on the laptop and it says:

'Failed to run the action: Pause BitLocker. This is usually caused by a problem with the program. Please check the Microsoft Knowledge Base to determine if this is a known issue or contact Microsoft Support Services for further assistance.
The parameter is incorrect. (Error: 80070057; Source: Windows)'
It has also complained about the '-protectors' switch being unknown, but it lists it as '-?protectors' for some reason!