JKR

Multi domain & different OSD tasks

Question

Hi all.

I am trying to create a "Multiple Customer Shared Solution" with SCCM 2012 & MDT where i have multiple untrusted domains, each domain have a DP server installed..

There is created Collection for each "Customer" with Query Membership rule - IP Subnet or DNS domain, thats is working fine with installed machines with CCM client in the Customer's domain, and the Task sequence is assigned the Collection, from there I can Reinstall from the CCM Client...

The end result I want is to be able to PXE install different Tasks based on with DP the computer boots from, is that posible ??

Domain A - PXE Boot Unknown computer = "Task sequence Domain A"

Domain B - PXE Boot Unknown computer = "Task sequence Domain B"

Domain Q - PXE Boot Unknown computer = "Task sequence Domain Q"

The end user in each domain isnt allowed to use task sequence from the other domain's

I have tried using the prestart command to find the avalible task sequence from SCCM 2012 using Maik Koster's webservice..

Any input, is it possible ??

1 answer to this question

Would making the 3 Task sequences hidden be an option and make the deployment as available on all 3 task sequences.

At site A give the IT Admin the deployment ID of task sequence A so when it prompts for the deployment ID and it is entered it will install the appropriate Task Sequence.

At site B give the IT Admin the deployment ID of task sequence B so when it prompts for the deployment ID and it is entered it will install the appropriate Task Sequence.

At site C give the IT Admin the deployment ID of task sequence C so when it prompts for the deployment ID and it is entered it will install the appropriate Task Sequence.

May work for you, and there are probably better solutions to this, but if this solution works it will probably be the simpiler solution. Here is how you make a task sequence hidden.