rusty

Deploy EndNote 6 via SCCM 2012

Hi there,

I'm trying to test deploy EndNote 6.0.1 through sccm 2012 using a batch file with the following:

start /wait msiexec /i "%~dp0ENX6Inst.msi" /qb
start /wait msiexec /p "%~dp0EN1601Update.msp" /qb REINSTALLMODE="ecmus" REINSTALL="ALL"
start /wait %~dp0Endnote6_Library.exe

If I ran that from the shared manually, everything installed fine but if I deployed that via sccm only the part of the first line is installed.

The ENX6Inst.msi file has got the license.dat embedded. If I ran it manually from the shared or ran it locally the license.dat is there in the Program Files\EndNote X6 and all 3 commands ran one after another automatically but if I deployed it as an app via sccm the license.dat is not there (thus the above part of the first line is installed).

What did I do wrong?

Many thanks

Does the license file get put in the users profile or in HKCU?

Do you have the program set to "run with administrative permissions or with the permissions of the currently logged on user"?

If you have it set with administrative permissions, it will run with the SYSTEM account and it could be placing / or trying to place the license info in the wrong place but when you execute it as the logged on user (manually) it knows where to put it.

Hi teamfox201,

"Does the license file get put in the users profile or in HKCU? "

I don't know how to check that. The install file and license key was created by someone else. I know :-(

As far as I know the program set to run with admin permissions. How do I double check.

sorry I'm at lost here and a real noob trying to learn.

Thanks

In the console:

1. Select Software Library
  2. Expand Application Management
  3. Select Packages
  4. Single Click your EndNote package.
  5. Select the Programs tab at the bottom.
  6. Double Click the program name.
  7. Select the Environment tab.
  8. You will see the Run mode set to "Run with user's rights" or "Run with administrative rights"
  9. Select "Run with user's rights"
  10. After you save the changes, wait for the program change to replicate (depending on your environment setup).
  11. Test the install again through SCCM.