mellenhagen

An error occurred while retrieving policy for this computer (0x80004005)

I have just updated our SCCM 2012 to SP1 and am having problems running an OSD. I boot from a usb flash drive that I created using Create Task Sequence Media.

I have checked that I can successfully ping the FQDN of the MP. I have checked the status of SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER and it verifies that the Management Point is responding to HTTP requests. I have checked my network access account and verified that the password is correct.

I'm not sure where to go from here and would appreciate any help. I have attached my SMSTS.log

Marguerite

smsts.log

Looks like your network adapter gets one IP address:

Found network adapter "Intel® 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection" with IP Address 172.16.9.241

Then you have a hook to change it?

Custom hook from X:\\TSConfig.INI is netsh interface ipv4 set dns name="Local Area Connection" source=static address=172.16.8.251

Set command line: netsh interface ipv4 set dns name="Local Area Connection" source=static address=172.16.8.251

Executing command line: netsh interface ipv4 set dns name="Local Area Connection" source=static address=172.16.8.251

Are you sure you can ping MHE10.city.medicine-hat.ab.ca, do you have your boundaries set correctly ?

Yes I am sure I can ping MHE10.city.medicine-hat.ab.ca. I get a reply with the server's IP address. I have checked the boundaries and they are the same as they were when I upgraded to SP1. Nothing has changed.

What I am trying to do, and it worked before SP1, is set a static DNS address when I boot from the USB flash drive. Our network is set up in such a way that DHCP is only used to supply IP addresses to computers but it does not supply the DNS addresses. These are static and have to be configured on each PC we have. I am also unable to use PXE on our network, also because of configuration done by our networking team. Is there a better way to do this.